An increasingly popular investment, buy-to-let purchases can present their own challenges for a buyer and landlord.
Whether you are buying your first investment property or adding to a portfolio, our experienced team will ensure that your buy-to-let purchase proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Expert conveyancing for your buy-to-let purchase
At Home Property Lawyers our helpful and friendly conveyancers will support you, working with the estate agents and the seller’s solicitors to ensure your buy-to-let property purchase completes as quickly as possible.
Our experienced team are here to ensure that every stage proceeds as smoothly as possible. With a dedicated and contactable conveyancer assigned to you from start to finish, you will be kept fully informed throughout.
What do I need to consider before purchasing a buy-to-Let?
Unlike a standard residential purchase, a buy-to-let comes with its own set of considerations and requirements. As you will take on the responsibilities of a landlord, it’s worth noting a few additional points which apply to buying a property to let:
- Before renting the property out you will need to arrange electric and gas checks and set up a Tenancy Deposit account for any bond you take from your tenants.
- You will also require a Shorthold Tenancy Agreement once you find a tenant for the property. We can help you with this
- You will need to make sure you have the right kind of mortgage type (buy-to-let mortgage)
- You must check that the property can be rented. Some leasehold properties in particular can’t.
- You may need a licence or permission from the local authority to rent the property.
- You may be liable to pay a higher level of Stamp Duty Land Tax